Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tip: Chamomile Tea

A great idea I stumbled upon recently- Chamomile Tea!! With having a sick and cranky toddler lounging around lately, this has been soothing- for me and her :) Take 1/2 cup brewed chamomile tea and add to 1/2 cup 100% fruit juice. I sometimes now give this prior to bedtime, and no more than 1/2 cup of chamomile tea per day for a Toddler (1/4 cup for an Infant). It works well for Mama too! I suggest Celestial Seasonings Chamomile Tea. It is 100% natural chamomile. It's also inexpensive. I'll be keeping this on hand to turn to first when something relaxing is needed in the evening. I'm trying to wean off my nightly dose of benadryl!

1 comment:

  1. I gave Kiara some Chamomile tea this winter when she was sick. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete