Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Garden Masterlist

So here's what I have in store so far for my garden:

Mammoth Sunflowers
Marigolds
Petunias
Basil
8 pumpkin plants- at least 5 varieties
Sugar snap peas
Watermelon
Bush cucumbers
Peas
Sweet Corn
Pop corn
Bush Beans
Red Peppers
Cayenne Peppers
Lettuce- 5 varieties (Black seeded simpson, Red salad bowl, Red oak Leaf, lolla Rosa, salad Bowl.)
Heirloom tomatoes- Omars Lebanese (red)
                                Dutchman (pink)
                                Djena Lee's Golden Girl (orange)
                                Golden Sunburst (Yellow)
                                Aunt Ruby's German (green)
                                Black Russian (purple)
Hybrid Tomato- san marzano type
Spinach
catnip
cilantro
Italian Parsley
Sage
Turnips
Borage
 Lemongrass (in container)
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Winter Squash
Rainbow Carrots
Iris
Garlic

I know that some in that list are flowers, but my garden includes several sites including flower beds.

I have yet to get the following:

Potatoes
Onions
Edamame
Rutabagas
Parsnips
Shallots

And of course there are many others things I'd love to have, but have to wait on. And of course, I'll keep you posted on my progress!

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know where you live I'd swear you live on a 5 acre farm with all those plants!!! I can't wait to see how it all turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete