Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Trademarking a Lifestyle

In this day and age I thought I've heard and seen it all. Until reading a post at Hexemaus Farms that is. I urge you to read their post in its entirety. Apparently, a prominent "Urban Homesteading" family by the name of Dervaes in California have trademarked the following names:

* Urban Homestead
* Urban Homesteading
* Path to Freedom
* Grow the Future
* Homegrown Revolution
* Freedom Gardens
* Little Homestead in the City


OK Dervaes Family, SUE ME. C'mon I DARE you. While I get "Little Homestead in the City" and MAYBE "Grow the Future"- the rest is sheer hogwash. You started your 'Urban Homestead" in 1985, YEARS after the original urban homesteaders of the 1960's and 1970's. Hell, my GRANDFATHER was urban homesteading in the 50's and 60's! I thought what you had accomplished in the city was admirable, enviable even. But now the world has seen you for what you are: greedy individuals corrupted by money. You CANNOT trademark a lifestyle, and I will not abide by your trademark.






                               Cheers~ The Urban Homesteader named Mama Homesteader

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment