Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Homemade deodorant

The following is my recipe for homemade deodorant, which I snatched from Lindsey at Passionate Homemaking. I've been using this homemade deodorant since summer and really like it. It has few ingredients and works wonderfully.


Homemade deodorant

6-8 tablespoons coconut oil
1/8 cup baking soda
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
1/4 cup Shea Butter  (optional)

Mix thoroughly and store in a jar, or a recycled deodorant bottle. If using recycled deodorant bottles, this recipe is enough to fill two.

You CAN put this into an old deodorant container, I've done so in the past with great success. The only drawback is the fact that the coconut oil melts during warm weather. With a recycled deodorant container you most certainly will have to refrigerate your deodorant to keep it from leaking. I've bypassed the need for this by simply keeping the mixture in a jar, and applying with my hands.

               

                                           
                                               Cheers!~ Mama Homesteader

No comments:

Post a Comment