Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Prepping for Tomatoes!

Thursday night I finally got around to starting my tomato seeds! (Forty eight peat plugs planted, thirty six heirloom and twelve polish linguisa.) I bought peat plugs this year and was amazed at how much water they absorb and how big they got. It finally feels as though I'm getting started , in spite of the Ohio weather! They've been soaking up sunshine and sitting pretty with my two lone raspberry bushes. Next will be a few other veggies and herbs, but mainly marigolds for Memorial day planting at the cemeteries!




What does your garden grow?

Cheers! ~ Mama Homesteader

No comments:

Post a Comment