Welcome to Mama Homesteader!

Follow my family in year 3 of our homesteading journey. Along the way we try to answer the question ," What can one small family do to change their lives on little more than 1/10th of an acre?" Let's Find Out!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Around the Homestead

  The last few weeks brought massive changes with all the rain! I didn't realize just how high the grass really was until Sarah and I were laying in the middle of it today playing "Soccer". (That's my little Dora fan for you!) We picked dandelions and violets, and watched the "buggies"  crawl by, and found dragons in the clouds. It was wonderful! Even better was the fact that our landlord installed two out of three new storm doors. Now Sarah and the cats can look out the door on decent days and watch the world! To top it all off his wife kindly mowed part of the yard, as our mower is still down and she was already mowing her Mom's lawn across the street. That meant one less thing to do at the moment!
   The tomato plants are growing beautifully, albeit a bit leggy. I'm thinking re-potting them in bigger pots may help, along with more light. Peppers are all OK as well. Everything else seem to be having various issues, all dealing with the amount of light I'm able to provide. I can't wait until I can put the greenhouse outside!
   Our faithful car needed some TLC recently as well. Two of the tires needed replaced, and we've been told that one tie rod needs replaced for an alignment to work. After that we need two more tires, then brake pads and rotors. Keeping my fingers crossed that Dear Husband's overtime keeps going!

That's all Folks! Cheers!~ Mama Homesteader

No comments:

Post a Comment